Most Recent 3 Credit File Information

Image from page 118 of “Old Boston taverns and tavern groups” (1917)
3 credit file
Image by Web Archive Book Images
Identifier: oldbostontavernso00drak
Title: Old Boston taverns and tavern groups
12 Months: 1917 (1910s)
Writers: Drake, Samuel Adams, 1833-1905 Watkins, Walter Kendall, 1855-1934
Subjects: Taverns (Inns) — Massachusetts Boston Clubs — Massachusetts Boston Boston (Size.) — Social life and traditions
Publisher: Boston, W. A. Butterfield
Contributing Library: New York Public Library
Digitizing Sponsor: MSN

See Book Page: Book audience
Concerning this Book: Catalog Entry
See All Images: All Graphics From Book

Click here to view book online to see this illustration in framework in a browseable web form of this book.

Text Appearing Before Image:
ase, and inside isstill to be noticed the cylindrical bit of iron which,when heated, kept the delectable fluid articles of theurn hot until imbibed because of the frequenters regarding the tavern.The Green Dragon Tavern site, today occupied by abusiness framework, is OAvned because of the St. Andrews Lodgeof totally free Masons of Boston, as well as a recently available gathering ofthe Lodge on St. Andrews Day the urn was exhibitedto the assembled brethren. Whenever contents associated with tavern were sold, the urnwas purchased by Mrs. Elizabeth Harrington, which thenkept a famous boarding residence on Pearl Street, in abuilding possessed by the Q.uincy family. In 1847 thehouse had been razed and changed by the Quincy Block,and Mrs. Harrington eliminated to High Street andfrom truth be told there to Chauncey destination. A few of the prominentmen of Boston boarded with her for quite some time. Ather demise the urn was handed to her daughter, Mrs.John R. Bradford, and it has today already been presented tothe Society by Miss Phebe C. Bradford of Boston,granddaughter of Mrs. Elizabeth Harrington. 88

Text Appearing After Image:
SCHOOU Q5.J^^^^^) ST JW2 6Jithcrtorx, ffoJUL^h, Q POP455OO n BQ <5 n« Mo O o w ID ID &J_ 0 o m help M 02 a 0)(QID a. ID-»3« O ■oa J IDO o oo MEH <1 oo C5Z M o w OS +343 oQ CompUje.dL by Qeorqe, l,<xmo, tfi THE NEWEST YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY A3TOR, LrrOXilLDilN FOUNDATIONS IX. THE HANCOCK TAVERN. As a vintage landmark the Hancock Tavern is failing.There had not been an old screen inside your home ; the nailswere Bridgewater nails, the timbers had been mill-sawed,and leading of it ended up being of face stone, of notmade in 1800. At the time of the Revolution itwas merely a four-room dwelling residence of twelve win-dows, therefore the first permit ever before given to it as an innwas in 1790. The building recently demolished waserected during the years 1807 to 1812. With the preceding terms, Edward W. McGlenen, cityregistrar, effectually settled the question Summer 3,1903, ata conference associated with New England Historic GenealogicalSociety, as to the widely credited report that it was inthe Hancock Tavern^ which fo

Note About Pictures
Take note that these pictures tend to be extracted from scanned web page photos that’ll are digitally enhanced for readability – coloration and look of the illustrations might not completely look like the initial work.